Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 7 - 90 miles of headwinds

My camp pal Carl ( former Kayak guide) and I share smoked herring and a few beers at the local pub and chewed the fat until 10:30pm. Up and on the road by 8:30am. A stiff Wind was straight in my face after the first hour. The road shoulder for the 1st 40 miles was crumbled and had expansion cracks every 20 ft! Wind and road made for a day of work and not much time for sight seeing. Food stops were good, with Betsy Pie shop being tops! Blueberry with ice cream was great. Spending the night in Two Bay just north of Duluth. My first choice of campground was Split Rock Lighthouse but it was full by the time I got there at 4:00pm. That resulted in an extra 20 miles. But that will give me more time in Duluth.

Biggest news for the day-
Bikes through two tunnels
Can now see the south side of the lake! - tomorrow is the big turn to the east!


Jeff Reaves
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment