Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 13 - 85 miles wind, rain & sun

On the road by 10:00am. With the thought of trying to catch the recumbents that rode by at 9:00am, I put the legs into motion. With a tailwind and flat terrain I was clicking along at 20 to 25 mph. Needless to say the first 50 miles zipped by and I was feeling jazzed. Never saw my pursuit as the miles continued to roll. Thunderheads developed to the north and soon descended upon me with head winds and rain. The good thing it only lasted about an hour and then the sun shone for the rest of my ride. Rolled into Twin Lakes campground dry and satisfied with the days ride.

Also had my first patsy if the trip! For those not familiar with this wonderful food group check out this website.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty

Jeff Reaves
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment