Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 11 - 88 miles of country roads

Today reminded me of the stock market - a lot of up and down. The base elevation of Lake Superior is about 600 ft. I would climb to 950 ft then descend back to the lake. This happened on at regular 20 mile intervals. The route was along the shore but rarely did I see the BIG PUDDLE. Instead the scenic views were farmland. I was treated to a fish fry at the town of Cornucopia. The whole town was there! Rolled on to Bayfield which has a nice marina and the town is the port for day sails to the Apostle Island which is part of the National Parks. The fish fry caught up with me - but luckily i was close the head! The day ends at Washburn Muncipal Park and Campground. With the summer in full swing campsites and hotels are at a premuim. Needless to say the campground was full but as I circled thru the CG for the second time - a couple offered to share their campground. This is what I love about these trips - the kindness of others! Sue and Jim live in southern Wisconson. They are big canoer's and come up here often to paddle the rivers.

Jeff Reaves
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment