Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 10 - 60 easy miles

First off yesterday's post as day 7 was in error (day 9)- being retired it is hard to keep track! Last night I slept to the sound of gentle rain but was awoken at 6:00 am by the diesel truck next to my tent! The day threatened rain but it never really developed. Pedaled 25 miles into Duluth and had breakfast at Perkins - I knew I found the perfect spot when everyone there had a waist of at least 48. Food was massive and enjoyed greatly. Definitely hear the Minnesota accents - "donnn't you nowww" . Finding my way through Duluth was a puzzle ( as is the case with most big cities). But I enjoyed the stately houses and brownstone buildings in downtown. I felt Duluth was a much more refined city than Thunder Bay ( even though TB is larger). Arrived at Amnicon State park in Wisconsin around 4:00 pm. No campsites were available but I had called ahead and they set me up in a quite wooded area, next to a small branch stream of the Amnicon river. The camp has no showers, so it was a quick dip in the river which has the color of root beer! But water was warm and inviting. Had diner at a local bar which is full is Green Bay Packer memorabilia, including Favre which I thought had all been burned! Tomorrow the bar is sponsoring " Biker for Boobs" which supports breast cancer research. I think it would be fun to show up in the recumbent!


Jeff Reaves
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment