Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 12 - 55miles and a day to clean

Hung by the fire pit with Sue and Jim until 10:30 and slept well. Hearing the rumble of thunder I rose early 5:30am to avoid packing in the rain. Rode 10 miles into Ashland and had a good breakfast and banter with the patrons. From breakfast and a night around the fire- Ashland, Washburn and Bayfield have a lot going on in the summer and winter months. The cold temps freeze over the bay and sets up great for over 150 ice shacks, auto-racing on the ice and what seems really cool is an illuminarie lined x-country trail from Ashland to Bayfield (15 miles) across the ice. Also with the frozen bay, access to the lakeside caves are possible. After breakfast pedaled into Ironwood, MI! I stopped for a smoothie to celebrate my return to MI and discovered my rear tire has wore out! This seems way premature since I put it on just at the start of the trip. Alas the only bike store is not open on Sunday, so I decided to make the afternoon about cleaning the bike and stinky clothes. I'll hit the bike store in the morning and resume my travels tomorrow.


Jeff Reaves
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment